Swedish Elite Football and DreamHack presents eAllsvenskan. As of 1st of March and almost three months ahead, eAllsvenskan will be played as part of the FIFA 19 Global Series. Twelve Swedish elite clubs participate in eAllsvenskan which is also being broadcasted Discovery Networks Sweden’s streamingplatform Dplay.
eAllsvenskan will be Sweden’s largest professional FIFA competition where participating players and teams competes not only for the title but also for FIFA 19 Global Series Ranking Points on the road to qualification for the 2019 FIFA eWorld Cup. Each of the clubs AIK, Djurgårdens IF, Hammarby IF, Örebro SK, Östersunds FK, GIF Sundsvall, Örgryte IS, BK Häcken, Helsingborg IF, Jönköping Södra IF, Malmö FF and AFC Eskilstuna competes with two to five professional FIFA players in all eleven league meetings and in the Finals. On May 25 a winner will be crowned in a big final.
eAllsvenskan will receive great media coverage. All matches will be shown on the streaming platform Dplay.
”It is time to take esports seriously and discover the possibilities of having a strong brand in this world as well. It is the right thing to do and I am happy that the clubs want to join in. It will be an exciting league to follow and I believe that eAllsvenskan can become something really big”, says Mats Enquist, Secretary General at Swedish Elite Football.
”We have a great opportunity to do something extraordinary with this and at the same time tie the esports with the real football once and for all and attract new target groups for each other. It will ultimately benefit everyone”, says Tomas Lyckedal, Chief Strategy Officer at DreamHack.
”We feel very inspired to invest heavily in eAllsvenskan. Esports is one of the fastest growing sports in the world today. This venture together with SEF and Dreamhack feels incredibly cool”, says Hanif Hosseini, sports manager at Eurosport and Discovery Networks Sweden.
More news about eAllsvenskan will come within the next few weeks.
- The league is made up of twelve teams and each team plays eleven games. A game consists of two matches
- The winner of each game is the team that has the highest aggregate score of the two matches
- Each team is represented by two-five professional FIFA players and one (playing) coach
- The league will be played between March-May
- The eight best teams advance to the Grand Final Event on May 26
- The winning team becomes Swedish champions and receives 250.000 SEK (EUR 25.000) plus players can earn FIFA 19 Global Series Ranking Points on the road to qualification for the 2019 FIFA eWorld Cup. Total price amount for eAllsvenskan is 500 000 SEF (EUR 50.000)
- eAllsvenskan will be played on EA SPORTS FIFA 19 on PlayStation 4
- eAllsvenskan is included in the FIFA 19 Global Series
eAllsvenskan on social media:
- Esports is a name for competitions that are performed on computers or game consoles and is one of the fastest growing sports available.
ABOUT SWEDISH ELITE FOOTBALL
Svensk Elitfotboll (Swedish Elite Football) is an interest organization for all the clubs in Allsvenskan and Superettan. The mission is to be a leader in the development of Swedish elite football at club at every level both on and off the pitch.
DreamHack is all about entertainment for the digital generation. Founded in 1994 as a BYOC LAN party, DreamHack grew over 20 years to a global phenomenon as the digital festival for today’s youth, hosted throughout Europe and North America. DreamHack festivals feature multiple esports competitions, live music, exhibitions, creative competitions, LAN party, cosplay and much more. DreamHack helped pioneer esports and continues to be one of the largest global producers of esports content. Millions of viewers tune in from all over the world to watch DreamHack broadcasts every year. DreamHack events welcomed over 310,000 visitors in 2018.
More information is available at dreamhack.com. DreamHack is part of leading international digital entertainment group MTG. More information at mtg.com.